Embark on a Floridian odyssey as we delve into the diverse personalities of the best Florida Keys resorts, from the cozy luxury of The Marquesa Hotel to the family excitement at Hawks Cay Resort and the captivating allure of Isla Bella Beach Resort.
Exploring The Marvels Of Florida Keys Best Resorts
Stretching 150 miles southwest from mainland Miami, the Florida Keys stand as a captivating vacation destination in America. Boasting a relaxed atmosphere and natural splendor, this subtropical paradise offers a distinct personality and allure for each key. From the legendary Key West to the enchanting coral reefs of Islamorada, the finest hotels in the Florida Keys showcase the diverse treasures within this tropical expanse along the American coastline.
For travelers in search of the cozy charm of a bed and breakfast coupled with the luxuries of a high-end resort, The Marquesa Hotel in Key West is an ideal choice. Families with children of all ages will find endless activities and excitement at Hawks Cay Resort in the Lower Keys. If breathtaking ocean views are a priority, Isla Bella Beach Resort in Marathon is a standout option, while enthusiasts of all-inclusive experiences will feel right at home at the adults-only Bungalows Key Largo. In the following list, we have curated the best resorts in the Florida Keys, catering to the preferences of every type of traveler.
- Best High-End Hotel in the Florida Keys: The Moorings Village
- Best Boutique Hotel in the Florida Keys: The Marquesa Hotel
- Best Beachfront Hotel in the Florida Keys: Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Best Hotel for Couples in the Florida Keys: Little Palm Island Resort & Spa
- Best Hotel for Families in the Florida Keys: Hawks Cay Resort
The Moorings Village
Image via The Moorings Village
- Perfect for those seeking a luxurious, private escape
- Feel like you have the entire tropical, oceanfront grounds to yourself
- All-star amenities include a private beach, lap-swimming pool, fitness center, and hammocks
- Unmissable experience: Savor the paradise feeling with a bottle of chilled Champagne delivered to your cottage door
- Located in Islamorada, offering a serene escape in the Florida Keys.
Ideal for those desiring a lavish, secluded retreat, The Moorings Village offers a sense of having the entire tropical, oceanfront grounds to yourself. Enjoy all-star amenities like a private beach, lap-swimming pool, fitness center, and hammocks swaying beneath coconut palms. Don't miss the chance to savor the paradise feeling with hardly another soul in sight, especially when a bottle of chilled Champagne is delivered to your cottage door. Located in Islamorada, this oasis ensures a serene escape in the heart of the Florida Keys.
The Marquesa Hotel
Image via The Marquesa Hotel
- Ideal for fans seeking the charm and privacy of a bed & breakfast without compromising on luxury
- All-star amenities include three courtyard swimming pools with an air of privacy and a sophisticated restaurant
- Don't miss the chance to arrange a special "Old Town Golden Hour" experience on the hotel’s charming front porch at sunset, featuring spritzes and an assortment of tapas
- Located in Key West, offering a delightful blend of comfort and sophistication.
Nestled on Fleming Street in Old Town Key West, The Marquesa Hotel stands as a sophisticated boutique lodging. Housing just 44 rooms within meticulously restored Victorian-style cottages from the late 1800s, the charm emanates from tin roofs, pastel siding, white wrap-around balconies, and lush tropical flora. Amidst palm fronds lie three secluded courtyard swimming pools. Each of the uniquely designed rooms features spacious layouts, high gloss Brazilian cherry hardwood floors, and an eclectic mix of substantial wooden furniture from the West Indies, the Philippines, and England. The hotel's namesake café is acclaimed as one of Key West's best, offering creative seasonal menus spotlighting local seafood, such as the miso-glazed black grouper with wasabi mashed potatoes and toasted sesame seeds.
Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection By Hilton
Image via The Hilton
- Ideal for those seeking pool and beachside relaxation in a luxurious, historic setting
- All-star amenities include beautifully landscaped pools, a private beach with piers, a spa, fitness center, lobby bar, and restaurant
- Don't miss the opportunity to luxuriate by the iconic pools, offering breathtaking views of the beach and ocean
- Located in Key West, providing a perfect blend of luxury and historic charm.
Conceived by oil tycoon Henry Flagler, Casa Marina Key West, a historic resort on 6.5 oceanfront acres, opened on New Year’s Eve of 1920. Recently completing a $79 million renovation, it now features refreshed rooms and a lobby bar lounge inspired by Ernest Hemingway. The Mediterranean Revival architecture pays homage to the original Overseas Railroad, while the high-ceilinged lobby boasts historic charm. With two pools and a private beach with restored piers, Casa Marina Key West stands as an enchanting beachside retreat in the Florida Keys.
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa
- Ideal for honeymooners and couples seeking a desert island experience
- All-star amenities include a private island, beach, luxurious spa, and a restaurant
- Don't miss the chance for a romantic multi-course dinner, perfectly timed to the sunset at the award-winning island restaurant
- Located on Little Torch Key, offering a secluded and romantic escape.
Little Palm Island, situated 30 miles north of Key West, offers an intimate escape on a private four-acre island. Accessible by ferry, guests discover 15 thatched roof bungalows, each housing luxurious vaulted ceiling suites with private decks or sandy fire pit spots. The island focuses on romantic getaways, especially for honeymoons and anniversaries. Dining is a highlight, featuring carefully sourced local ingredients emphasizing Florida Keys seafood, while the small spa offers indulgent treatments. A lagoon-style pool and various water sports add to the island's allure.
Hawks Cay Resort
- Ideal for families of all ages seeking an action-filled resort experience
- All-star amenities include five swimming pools, a kids camp, and activities center
- Additional attractions: saltwater lagoon, tennis courts, marina offering fishing charters and watersports, full-service spa, and multiple restaurants
- Don't miss the unique opportunity to swim with dolphins at the onsite Dolphin Connection center
- Located in Duck Key, providing a family-friendly resort experience.
Hawks Cay Resort, the largest in the Florida Keys, spans 60 acres, comprising 177 hotel rooms and over 400 vacation rental villas on a private enclave in Duck Key. Functioning like a village, it boasts five swimming pools, a saltwater lagoon, tennis courts, a full-service spa, and a marina for various activities. Tailored for family vacations, the resort offers programming for all ages, including a kids camp with daily activities and environmental education, along with a pirate ship splash pad pool featuring mermaids and entertainment. Notably, the Dolphin Connection center allows guests to interact and swim with dolphins. The resort's dining options include Sixty-One Prime for fresh chops and seafood, while adults can unwind at the newly opened Pilar Bar by the Oasis Cay pool, exclusively for adults.